Family Education & Support Services programs are informed by rigorous research and driven by data and evaluation.
Evaluations show that our evidence-based programs:
- Increase parent’s understanding of parenting skills and effective, non-violent discipline techniques
- Reduce parents’ risky behaviors, such as alcohol and drug abuse
- Reduce participants’ parenting stress, a risk factor for child abuse and neglect
- Promote better health outcomes for the most vulnerable mothers and babies
- Promote co-parenting relationships that actively involve fathers
- Increase educational achievement for parents, paving the way toward self-sufficiency
- Enhance family support practice in Washington State through evidence-based trainings focused on the most current research
Our work leads to safer children in stable families, reducing the social, health, and education costs for the State.