When fathers are actively involved in their children’s lives, the whole family thrives.
Our Fatherhood Program works to advance activities and trainings that support fathers, their families, and the professionals who work with them.
This program is a 14-week court approved, evidence-based parenting class for fathers uses the award winning “Nurturing Fathers” curriculum, supplemented with discussion and presentations. It is a strength-based parenting group that provides an opportunity for fathers build and strengthen positive parenting attitudes and behaviors, while in the company of other fathers on a pathway to becoming “Dynamic Dads”.
Bringing Back the Dads
This 20-week support and education group for non-resident fathers is designed to encourage the engagement in the lives of their children.
- Weekly meetings inform fathers how the child welfare system works.
- Inform about the legal system and community supports that could benefit fathers.
- Explanation of the rights of fathers whose child is in the child welfare system.
- Ideas about how fathers can make a difference in their child’s life and future.
- Meetings designed to help fathers not only become better fathers, but also better people.
Fatherhood Support Group
Weekly Fatherhood Support Group meetings are open to all Fathers at no cost. Meetings are held Wednesdays from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. For more information and to register please contact Keoki Kauanoe, Fatherhood Director.
Program Flyer (link to flyer)
Classes and support groups are currently offered Live via ZOOM webinar
Click here to view available trainings
For more information, please contact Keoki Kauanoe, Fatherhood Director.