This 4-hour parenting class provides information and support for parents or parental custodians who are undergoing a divorce, paternity action, or parenting plan modification. Classes are provided twice monthly in Thurston, Lewis, and Pierce Counties and once per month in Mason County. At the end of each class participants will be provided with a certificate which they can then file with the court to document that they have taken the class.
Click here for the flyer: Consider the Children
Things to Consider For Your Class:
● Directions to the class are included in your confirmation;
● You may wish to bring a snack and/or beverage as none are provided;
● You may want to dress in layers and/or bring a coat on colder days;
● Please contact us for class prices. Depending on your income and family size, you may qualify for our sliding scale fee. Please contact our office (below) for more details. Please make sure that your payment has been received at least 5 days prior to your scheduled class!
If not, contact our office for payment arrangements ASAP. Methods of payment are cash, money order, credit card (V/MC), or Pal-Pal on our website. You are subject to being moved to another class if payment is not made prior to class date! Please note that you may be subject to a re-scheduling fee of $25.00 for failure to show for your scheduled class. You may reschedule, however, please notify the office 48 hours prior to start of class;
● Classes start promptly! Be on time as you are required to attend all four hours of the seminar!
● You will receive one original certificate to file with the court as proof of attendance. You may wish to make a copy for your personal records prior to filing. There is a $20.00 fee for a reissued certificate;
● To learn more about class closures during inclement weather, call 360-754-7629 /1-877-813-2828 for more information or visit our website at www.FamilyESS.org .
Current Classes are at the following locations
(Please note, class locations are subject to change – your registration confirmation will have the location and directions of your class)
Family Education & Support Services
1202 Black Lake Blvd Ste B Olympia, WA 98502
Centralia College – 600 Centralia College Blvd – Centralia, WA 98531
Washington Hall Building (Building and room number are specified in your confirmation letter)
Pacific Lutheran University (PLU)
12180 Park Ave S
Tacoma, WA 98447
(Building and room number are specified in your confirmation letter)
Transit Community Center 601 West Franklin Street Shelton, WA 98584