For 20 years, Family Education & Support Services has prided itself in being a learning organization, investing continuously in staff training to ensure we maintain excellence in evidence-based curriculum and remain current in our area of expertise. We strive to continually expand our capacity and that of our community partners, to create a future which ever family is supported and every child thrives. we are available to speak to diverse audiences including, but not limited to: teachers, parents, kinship/foster caregiver, service clubs, PTAs, support professionals, businesses and community organizations. Trainings can be tailored to meet the needs of each group.
These efforts are in line with several of Family Education & Support Services’ Core Values of promoting evidence-based practices and collaborating with community partners. As such, we are proud to support the learning endeavors of others in our community via trainings that can be tailored to specific needs or areas of focus.
We offer a variety of learning opportunities including workshops, training series, technical assistance, and the Strengthening Families Conference. Some of the topics we commonly present on include (but are not limited to):
- General Information about Family Education & Support Services
- Strengthening Families Protective Factors
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and Resilience
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
- Brain Development in Early Childhood
- Effective Parenting Strategies
- Reflective Practice
- Bullying and Response
- Managing Family Stress
- Parenting in Recovery
- QPR Suicide Prevention Training
- Evidence-Based Practices are Staff are Certified in:
- Nurturing Fathers
- Moral Reconation Therapy (MRT)
- Parent-Child Assistance Program (PCAP)
- Parenting a Second Time Around
- Parenting Inside Out (PIO)
- Question Persuade Refer (QPR)
- Family Fuertes!
- Guiding Good Choices
- Winning at Parenting
- Parenting & Family Values
As our community continues to adjust to challenges, Family Education & Support Services is available to provide support to community members and organizations via webinars. Webinars can be focused on any of the topics above as well as on topics related to resilience and trauma-informed approaches.
If you are interested in hosting a training for your staff, please email our Clinical Director, Scott Hanauer: firstname.lastname@example.org.